Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A new season begins!

Greetings from “the bluff”! It is hard to believe this is the start of my 10th season here at Duquesne. It appears my career has come full circle, considering I was hired as the women’s coach back in 2001.

Recruiting is going very well with our first official visit weekend Sept. 24-26. All five ladies coming in for the visit have times that will score in the top 8 (three events) at the conference meet. As much as we must concentrate on the future, I think the present looks very good. We had our first team meeting last night and there was a lot of enthusiasm about moving forward and establishing ourselves within the conference. I laid out my expectations for the ladies and they will be coming back to me within the week with their expectations for themselves.

With any kind of change, there will be many unknowns and uncertainties but along with the uncertainties comes a new found excitement and the possibilities of what can be. As disappointed as I was about what transpired through the spring, I am very excited about what lies ahead for the fall and winter months with the women’s swimming program here at Duquesne.

See you around the pool,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment