Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 1 of classes

Hello! My name is Meghan Smith and I am one of the Freshman this year for the Duquesne Swim Team. A little about me, I am from Chapel Hill, North Carolina (love you mom, dad, and morgan!)and I am in the Physical Therapy Program. All the Freshman moved in last Tuesday, August 17th and we were kept very busy through orientation week. Move in was a little hectic with about 1,500 new students but they had a great team of people waiting to help you unload all of your stuff. My room mate Bri and I had a ton of stuff but we got it to all fit in our room! During orientation, we had activities like dances, cookouts, tours, team meetings and a clean up of south side. Orientation was a lot of fun! I got to meet a lot of people and collected Burgh Bucks which won my floor an iLive in the auction! Go floor 12! Today, Monday, was our first official day of school and the day open pool started. The classes weren't bad, just your typical first day of school with all the information of what we will be accomplishing this year. As far as the pool goes, I cannot wait to get back in shape. We didn't do a lot of swimming this morning but we did have to battle one of the lane ropes which was too short, but we got it to fit. What a great team building activity! Bri and I got back from the pool and somehow we managed to get ourselves locked out of our room... in our suits. The guy at the front desk was really nice about it and he let us in. What a great way to start out the first day of school! Hopefully we won't do that tomorrow! Talk to you tomorrow!
-Meghan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment