Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday brings tons of work!

Hello again! Today was another busy yet enjoyable day. Everyone on campus was extremely friendly and accommodating. I feel bad when I meet new people. I shake their hand and they say their name, but for some reason five seconds later, I can never remember what I should call them. Although when you share the same name with five different people on your floor, you are forced to remember who they are.

Anyway, I had my first teaching class today. It went fairly well until someone asked why the room smelled like chlorine. I worked up enough courage to raise my hand and let everyone know that I was a swimmer. The class started laughing which was a nice icebreaker. The teacher assigned us forty pages to read and a paper to be completed by thursday. I'm going to be very busy for the next few days.

Later I went to Offramp, picked up a salad wrap which was delicious and a yogurt parfait. I've come to the conclusion that you just cannot eat at Towers for every meal. It just doesn't work. It's either hit or miss when you walk into that cafeteria. Breakfast is by far the best meal that they serve. How can you possibly ruin a bowl of cereal or a bagel?

That's all for now. Four days and counting until my 18th birthday. Cheesecake Factory here we come.

Caitie

Today I got to sleep in 25 more minutes than I did yesterday. I know that may not sound like a lot, but every little bit helps. Instead of having 2 classes like yesterday, I had 3. A little bit longer day but I was still done by 1:05! After class, I met up with some of my newly made friends and headed to options. Today I got something different; a chicken wrap! Let me tell ya it was GOOD! We left options and went to the bookstore. I don't even know how many times I have been there already. But anyways, my team leader, Trisha works in the bookstore, (love her) helped me out. I got most of my books yesterday but I had to make a special order for 3 of them so that when they did come in, I would difinitly get a copy. After the little bookstore run, I went to swim. Today we had a challenge set. 8x100...2 on 1:30, 2 on 1:20, 2 on 1:10 and the last 2 were on 1:05! I made them all! It is always exciting when you make ALL of the challenging sets! Swimming works up your apetite so I was off to dinner at Towers once again. I had a huge salad and a piece of pizza, and I grabbed an apple for later. After dinner, Erika and I watched some of the boys soccer game and the headed abck to the dorms to get some homework done. I have my first lab tomorrow. Pray it goes well. Thanks for reading this blog and I can't wait for what tomorrow holds! Bye!

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment