Thursday, August 27, 2009

The city is pretty


6:15 came way too early. This morning the swimming and cross country teams had a compliance meeting. Afterwards I decided to take a swim. I completed Coach Sheets' workout and decided to do a little extra. Normally I would have a class @ 925 but my professor had another obligation and cancelled! It kind of felt like a 2 hour delay or a snow day. I'm not complaining!

I only had two classes today. And both of them were in Fisher Hall. For those of you who don't know where Fisher Hall is in reference to the dorms, you're in for a bit of a surprise. It was about a ten minute walk each way to and from St. Ann's. These classes are definitely the easiest of my course load by far. University 101 helps student athletes make the transition from high school to college. It focuses on the balance between school work and athletics. About an hour later I walked back to Fisher for my Technology class. Let me just say that you are definitely getting a good workout here. I feel like I am constantly on the go. I'm always running! As my Dad would say, it's free exercise.

Later on, I studied some theology and philosophy and then decided to meet my friend Lauren for dinner. As I walked outside of the dorm, I really got a good look at the city of Pittsburgh. It truly is the best city in the U.S. The sun was setting behind the skyline. It looked like a scene from a movie. Most people would probably argue that cities are not typically pretty. However, Pittsburgh is pretty. It's pretty in it's own way. And I pretty much love it.


Tomorrow's friday!
Caitie

No comments:

Post a Comment