Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chesapeake Bay Open Water Swim

Wow! It is now less then 24 hours until the open water swim in the Chesapeake Bay. I must admit I am a little nervous. However, I do remember feeling this anxiety before I ran my first marathon and that worked out well.......at least I finished. I have never done an open water swim before so this will be something new for me. I am happy that I will not be doing it alone....some of my former college teammates at Clarion University, Jason Miller and John Traube, have decided to swim it as well. I keep telling everyone this must be my "mid-life crisis" swim. However, I cannot take credit for "plunging" into this. Jason is the one back in October that got the wild idea of doing this swim. He also talked John and I into doing it. I was content swimming laps up and down a pool to prove I still "had it", or thought I did and I am sure John thought he would never see a pool again from any kind of training standpoint. Well, those thoughts are over and we will go into the Bay tomorrow hoping to arrive on the other side....the other side of the bay that is. Here is the link for the swim, so check it out and wish us luck! http://www.bayswim.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment